Have already booked direct flights to Poland from the USA and now are looking for flight safety tips to ensure safe travel? Or are taking a flight from the USA to London and worried about how to maintain your safety on your first trip? Take help from our guidebook on what are the rules to maintain flight safety for safer air travel.
Are you a first-time traveler or have taken a long flying break because of the pandemic? And thus, if you want to confirm the rules to maintain flight safety for safe travels? Well, feeling a little overwhelmed on your first flight or flying after a long gap is completely normal. And most travelers face it and overcome it by knowing the rules to maintain flight safety.
Let’s know what the rules to maintain flight safety are
Rules about Cabin baggage
- Ensure the airline’s policy about the cabin baggage you are allowed to take. As different airlines have different takes in this case and have different weight restrictions for passengers of different flying classes.
- Make sure to use non-bulky baggage to pack your belongings and also avoid making them too heavy. This will not only help you avoid paying baggage fees at the airport, but also will hinder your traveling process.
- Check the list of prohibited items to carry on an airplane and make sure your packaging list doesn’t contain any of them. This can lead you to a serious problem at the airport and you may not be able to board your flight.
- Always fully charge your electronic devices before leaving for the airport as the airport plugs may be unadaptable for your chargers. This will help you continue your work or avoid getting bored on a long flight.
- Pack your medications, including the ones you take daily, along with the common ones. In the common section, pack medicines for things like diarrhea, cold, flu, bloating, headache, and body ache.
- Always keep an eye on your baggage while at the airport and never leave it unattended. Baggage loss is common at airports and it is always better to safeguard your belongings, especially if you are having some fragile items.
- Always put up your carry-on baggage according to the flight attendant’s instructions and don’t go overboard to try something new. Flight attendants work for your safety and they know what is better for you, thus, it is always better to trust the expert.
- If the condition of sudden evacuation arises, then you should leave your bags behind you to evacuate.
- For more information, always call the airline operator before traveling and get the answer to all your queries. Remember, asking questions is never wrong and what is wrong is traveling with disbelief and misinformation.
Rules on Checked-in baggage
- Pack your bags carefully and take care that you carry all the things required along with you. For this, prepare a packaging list and start with the necessary items like medications and daily essentials.
- For satisfying your doubts, always go through the airline’s baggage policy before or after booking air tickets with it.
- Always weigh your bag before reaching the airport to avoid being overweight and paying extra for situations.
- Check the list of the items that must be packed in your check-in baggage and pack your belongings accordingly.
Rules on Cabin environment
- Always consult with your doctor if you have some serious health condition before flying.
- Check with the airline if you need medical oxygen to travel with their flight.
- If you are a sinus patient or someone with an ear or nose infection, then you should avoid flying.
- Avoid flying if you are unable to clear your ears because of any medical condition.
- Drink optimum water while flying to avoid getting dehydration.
- Don’t go overboard with alcohol and drink what you can handle.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses while flying and use glasses instead also make proper use of eye drops.
- Limit the consumption of foods and beverages that [promotes dehydration, including tea and coffee.
- Use a skin moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated while traveling.
Rules on portable electronic devices
- Check with your airlines whether you are allowed or unallowed to use a certain e-device on an airplane as every airline has a different policy for it.
- Always go with what your cabin crew informs you and never go rebellious on a flight, as it’s for your safety. Always remember that the airline and its crew have the final say on what is allowed and unallowed on their airplane.
- Put your devices in flight mode throughout your flight or as stated by the airline crew.
- Check if the airplane provides you with a Wi-Fi facility in advance. And if not, then don’t forget to make arrangements or the time of need.
- If you are carrying an electronic device that weighs more than a kilogram, then you must put it below your seat or on the locker above your head during the take-off time. Instead of choosing the place of putting by yourself, ask the cabin crew about it.
- In case you end up losing your mobile phone on the flight, then instead of moving here and there by yourself, inform the cabin crew about the same.
- If you find someone doing activities that can put you are others on the flight at risk, then inform the cabin crew about it. These complaints are taken seriously and action will be taken to ensure your safety.
Rules on E-cigarettes
- E-cigarettes or e-cigars are considered personal property and hence should be carried on your carry-on baggage only. Also, check if your airline policy allows you to carry an e-cigarette or not as most of them don’t allow it on a flight.
Brace Position Rules
- Assume a brace position to ensure fewer injuries in case of accidents on a flight.
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions to brace your children sitting on a separate seat on an airplane.
- Wear your seat belt as tight and as low as possible during cases of emergencies and increased turbulence.
- Pay careful attention to the safety demonstration by the flight attendants and keep a check on the position of emergency exits.